Saturday, June 11, 2011

Mid Month Challenge - Mystery by the Indigo Girls

This was a fun challenge to do.  I love an opportunity to push my creativity, thank you Jacinta for providing this venue.

The challenge was to listen to or read the lyrics to the song "Mystery" by the Indigo Girls and create a piece from the inspiration you got from the song.

After listening to the lyrics of this song I knew just what items form my stash I was going to use.  It was not until I got them all together on my work table that the vision of the finished necklace came to me.  So I got busy bringing my vision to life.  I'm very pleased with my necklace.


I got my inspiration from the following lines in the song:

"Yours was a twisted blind sided highway
No matter which road you took then"

This line is represented by the strand of 4mm Hematite beads that weave back and forth throughout the necklace.

"My heart the red sun, your heart the moon clouded"

This line is represented by the red Coral chips (the red sun) and the clear 6mm fire polished Czech glass beads (like the moon clouded).

"I go crazy on a night like tonight"

This line is represented by the 6mm Hematite bead (they are dark like the night).

"But you like the taste of danger
It shines like sugar on your lips"

The 6mm fire polished Czech glass beads also represent this line.

Like I said above, this was a fun challenge, and I'm looking forward to doing more challenges.

Happy beading Y'all
Therese

7 comments:

  1. It's interesting to see which verses were chosen! I too loved "My heart the red sun, Your heart the moon clouded".
    I love that you used the Twisted highway verse and intertwined your strands. This is a great interpretation of the song!

    Happy Hopping ! Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you did here is so clever, Therese! I agree with Patty, I love the twisted strands representing the twisted, blindsided highway. I also like the color combination a lot; I would not have expected the bright red to go so well with those peacock pearls, but it really shows the contrast between the two people in the song and fits amazingly well together. I also love how you worked in "sugar on your lips". :D That's one of my favorite lines, so it was awesome to see you go with it. I'm so glad you chose to join us in this challenge!! You brought a totally unique perspective and your piece turned out so lovely! So glad, too, that you shared your process of making it. That's always so fascinating to read about. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece Therese.. as soon as I saw it, I could bring the song to mind.. great representation the song!
    off to see the others... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love hearing about the process behind creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I love the interpretation of the highway using twisted strands. Wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is very striking, love the red with the hematite, great take on the challenge as well

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, this is great, I too like the twisted hematite, like the highway....very, very creative

    ReplyDelete