Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hardware Store Finds

I hope everyone had a great holiday Monday. 
I signed up to do a challenge that Kinga Nichols of Crimson Frog is having this month.  It is more of a personal challenge that she invited all that wanted to participate to join in.  Anyway what you do is go to the hardware store and pick out somethings that you think would make some neat and unusual jewelry bring it home and get to creating.  I went to a large hardware chain today here in Montgomery and was very disappointed with the choices given.  I'm going to go to a smaller hardware store later this week to see what else I can find.


I got two different lengths of chain from the large hardware chain store today.  I already had the copper washers from a project that I did two years ago, and I found that clip when I was looking for the box that I had pack the washers in when I moved, I'm not too sure if I will use the clip, but you never know.  When I gather a few more trinkets I will get started putting them together into a piece of one of a kind jewelry.

On a different note I have decided to do the Dutch spiral for July's stitch in my 12 month personal challenge.  I need to get my stash out and start picking the colors, sizes, and shapes of the beads I want to use.

Happy beading Y'all
Therese

6 comments:

  1. Well this is interesting - I like that brass colored chain - can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like fun! and would push the creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great challenge! Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never even though about chain from the hardware store. I'll bet they might have some smaller chain that could accent jewelry. Gotta check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used the same copper washers from my piece except I bought them by the piece. It's nice to see this, because i know exactly what you turned this into. I can't wait to show it to the whole world. It really is an awesome piece:))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm finally trying to catch up on some blog reading while the monitor isn't spinning wildly out of control. . .
    I love unusual materials for jewelry-making and can't wait to see what else you got and what you do with these. I love those copper washers. Looks like fun!!

    ReplyDelete